PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS 135, MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 117
January 7, 2021
• Anthony Edwards finished with a season-high 26 points, connecting on 9-of-21 from the field and shooting 5-of-7 from the free throw line. He added four rebounds and two steals in a season-high 31:13 minutes. The 26-point outing is the highest scoring performance by a rookie in the NBA this season.
• Edwards becomes the eighth Timberwolves rookie to score 26+ points in a game off the bench and the fifth Timberwolves rookie to do so in the first eight games of the season, joining Donyell Marshall (twice), Christian Laettner, Sam Mitchell and Karl-Anthony Towns.
• Ricky Rubio dished out a game-high 10 assists, grabbed five rebounds and five steals, his first 10+ assist game of the season (175th career). Rubio extended his franchise record to nine games with a stat line of 10+ assists/5+ rebounds/5+ steals.
• Rubio joins Sidney Lowe (Mar. 20, 1990 at Golden State) as the only two players in Timberwolves history to have a 10/5/5 game off the bench. Additionally, he now is tied for 14th in NBA history for most games with such stat line, joining Johnny Moore and Gary Payton.
• Jarred Vanderbilt scored 10 points and a career-high 10 rebounds in 20:54 minutes of play, marking his first career double-double. Over the past six games, he is averaging a career-best 6.3 points and 5.3 rebounds and has posted back-to-back 10+ point performances.
• D’Angelo Russell tallied a team-high-tying 26 points, marking his eighth 25+ point performance with the Timberwolves (71st career).
• In his third start of the season, Juancho Hernangomez registered 12 points and six rebounds. Through those three starts, he is averaging 14.3 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.3 assists.
• Minnesota connected on 12 three pointers tonight, marking the fifth-straight game and seventh game this season they have connected on 10+ threes. The franchise record for consecutive games with 10+ treys is 16 (Dec. 30, 2019-Jan. 27, 2020).
• Minnesota’s reserves outscored the Portland reserves 60- 47. This marks the first game this season the bench has eclipsed the 60-point mark (33rd time in franchise history). During the 2019-20 season the Minnesota bench scored 60+ points only once, Dec. 23 at Golden State, where they totaled 65 points led by Jordan McLaughlin’s 19-point performance.
Trail Blazers Notes
• Damian Lillard tallied a game high 39 points, shooting a season-high 7-of-12 from beyond the arc. He added seven rebounds and seven assists accounting for his fourth career game with such stat line.
(info courtesy of Timberwolves)