The state Fire Marshal is warning Minnesotans about the dangers of hoverboards.
That’s after a charging hoverboard is believed to have caused a house fire last month in Spicer that left a woman injured and four dogs dead. Fire Marshal Bruce West says consumers need to read the labels and safety instructions. And he’s urging people to check and see if their boards are part of a half-a-million unit safety recall.
West says boards with lithium ion batter packs in particular pose a risk of smoking, catching fire or exploding.