Lynx 84, NY Liberty 77 (final-SUNDAY)
• Returning to the starting lineup after coming off the bench for the previous two games, Aerial Powers led Minnesota in scoring with a career-tying 27 points (second 20+ point game this season) on 11-of-22 shooting, tying her season-high of three made baskets from beyond the arc. Powers earned a career-best 18 first half total points, 13 of which came in the second quarter on 8-of-13 shooting which ties for most second quarter points in her career.
• In 33:40 minutes of action, Powers finished with seven rebounds, five coming on the defensive end to lift her over the 300+ career defensive rebound feat.
• Sylvia Fowles tallied her eighth double-figure scoring game, finishing with 18 points on 7-of-10 shooting. Fowles became the 4th all-time leading scorer in Lynx history, passing Lindsay Whalen’s 3,233 career points. Fowles led the Lynx in rebounds for the eighth time this season with eight boards
• Kayla McBride recorded18 points in today’s victory on 5-of-8 shooting from the field including a perfect 3-of-3 from three-point range. McBride also added three rebounds, all on the defensive end, and one steal.
• In her fourth start of the 2022 season, Rachel Banham registered 11 points, connecting on 5-of-11 from field, grabbed a career-tying six rebounds and had four assists.
• The Lynx tallied a season-best 32 points in the second quarter, topping the previous record of 23 second quarter points (May 17, 2022 at Los Angeles).
• Minnesota finished the first half with 46 points, tied for most so far this season (May 17, 2022 at Los Angeles). At the break, the Lynx held the Liberty to just 37 points marking a new opponent low in first half points this season.
• At the 1:15 minute mark in the third quarter, Minnesota tallied their largest lead against an opponent at 19 points, topping the previous season-high 13 points on May 24, 2022 against New York. After three quarters, Minnesota tallied their best third-quarter scoring performance of the season with 25 points. Entering the fourth quarter, Minnesota led for the first time in the season, 71-55.
• Minnesota outrebounded New York, 36-34, marking the eighth game the Lynx had the upper hand on the glass. The Lynx also outscored the Liberty in second-chance points, 13 to 8.
• New York’s total 77 points are the least amount of opponent points allowed by the Lynx this season. Minnesota held New York to just 4-of-30 (13.3 percent) beyond the arc, the lowest percentage this season by an opponent.
• Powers set a new season-high for Minnesota in points with 27, passing Sylvia Fowles’ 26 points on May 10, 2022 at Indiana.
• As a team, the Minnesota Lynx wore orange today to support Gun Violence Awareness in honor of those who have lost their lives or a loved one due to gun violence in America.
• The Lynx closeout their regular-season series against the Liberty on Tuesday, June 7 at the Barclays Center. Tipoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. CT and will broadcast nationally on CBS Sport Network and locally on Bally Sports North Extra.
• Sabrina Ionescu had a game-high 31 points on 13-of-24 shooting from the field, grabbed five rebounds, seven assists and three steals in 36:26 minutes of action.
(info courtesy of Lynx)