The medical examiner has ruled that Scottish singer and actor Darius Campbell Danesh, found unresponsive in a Rochester apartment August 11th, died from inhaling chloroethane and suffocation. The Star Tribune reports authorities say they found “no signs of intent or suspicious circumstances.” The family told U-K press that Danesh had taken chloroethane for chronic pain resulting from a 2010 car crash in Spain in which he suffered a broken neck. It’s not clear why Danesh was in Rochester or how long he’d been there. Chloroethane, or ethyl chloride, has been a popular inhalant street drug since the 1980s. Brief inhalations can cause drunk-like feelings but more significant doses can be fatal.
You are here: Home / News / Medical examiner: Scottish singer Darius Campbell’s death in Rochester accidental