//Mailchimp Code//
>>17-Year-Old Arrested in Deadly North Minneapolis Shooting 

(Minneapolis, MN) — A 17-year-old boy is jailed in connection with a deadly shooting in north Minneapolis. A man was found with multiple gunshot wounds early Wednesday morning and later died at North Memorial Medical Center. Investigators say it appears that an argument escalated into the gunfire. The teenage suspect fled the scene and was later arrested. 

 

>>BCA Identifies Man, Officers in St. Paul Shooting

(St. Paul, MN) — The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) has identified the man and officers involved in a use-of-force incident in St. Paul on Sunday. Officials say 32-year-old Elliot Vaughn of Minneapolis was shot in the leg after allegedly pointing a handgun at officers during a foot chase after he was stopped for a stolen vehicle. The officers who fired their weapons are Matthew Foy, an 11-year veteran, and Byron Treangen the Third, who has six years of experience. Both are on critical incident leave. The BCA recovered a handgun and squad and body camera video. The case will be reviewed by the Ramsey County Attorney once the investigation is complete.

 

>>Minneapolis Man Sentenced in Fatal Glenwood Overdose

(Glenwood, MN) — A Minneapolis man has been sentenced to more than 11 years in prison for his role in the fatal drug overdose of a Glenwood resident. A Pope County Judge sentenced 38-year-old Theoplus Richmond to 11 years and three months for the death of Tyler Kirchof. Richmond pleaded guilty to third-degree murder in October. According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Samuel Long arranged the February 2021 drug sale between Richmond and Kirchof. Co-defendant Teresa Massey drove Richmond from Minneapolis to Glenwood to deliver fentanyl to Kirchof. An autopsy determined Kirchof died of fentanyl and methamphetamine toxicity. Massey was convicted of aiding and abetting the drug sale, while Long was convicted of aiding and abetting third-degree murder.

 

>>Trump Admin. Threatens MN Fed. Funding Over Trans Sports Rules

(Washington, D.C.) — The Trump administration is again warning Minnesota that it could lose federal education funding over the state’s policy allowing transgender girls to participate in girls’ sports. Education Secretary Linda McMahon says Minnesota is violating Title IX and has limited days to change course or face enforcement action. Earlier this year, President Trump signed an executive order declaring transgender participation in girls’ sports to be sex-based discrimination. Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison says following that order would violate state anti-discrimination laws, which protect gender identity. The dispute sets up a direct clash between federal directives and Minnesota law.

 

>>Ellison Joins States Challenging Federal Move Against Gender-Affirming Care

(St. Paul, MN) — Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison has joined 20 states in a lawsuit challenging a declaration by the U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., who seeks to limit gender-affirming care for young people. The declaration labels certain treatments “unsafe and ineffective” and warns that providers who continue offering them could be excluded from Medicare and Medicaid. The multistate coalition argues the move is unlawful, bypasses required notice and comment procedures, and interferes with states’ authority to regulate medical practice. Ellison said the declaration has “no basis in law” and urged Minnesota providers to continue serving patients. The lawsuit asks the court to block enforcement of the declaration.

 

>>MDA Announces Holiday Products Recall

(St. Paul, MN) — The Minnesota Department of Agriculture is alerting residents about two holiday products that are being recalled. Olympia Provisions is recalling nearly 1,930 pounds of ready-to-eat kielbasa sausages due to possible foreign object contamination. This comes after a consumer found metal in the product. The 16-ounce packages of Olympia Provisions Uncured Holiday Kielbasa were produced on October 14th with a best-if-used-by date of February 19th. Silvestri Sweets is voluntarily recalling its five-ounce bags of Choceur-branded Cookie Butter Holiday Bark due to possible pecans in the product, an undeclared allergen. The Chocuer-branded Pecan, Cranberry, and Cinnamon Holiday Bark may also have an undeclared allergen of wheat. The lot numbers for the Cookie Butter packages are 28525, 29925, and 30625, all with the best-by date of May 2026. The trio Holiday Bark package lot numbers are the same, but with the best-by date of August 2026. No illnesses have been reported.

 

>>Opening of Anoka Cannabis Company Delayed a Month 

(Anoka, MN) — The opening of the state’s first municipal adult-use cannabis dispensary is being pushed back until mid to late January. City officials say the Anoka Cannabis Company is awaiting the required site inspection from the Minnesota Office of Cannabis Management. Staff is completing final training and putting the finishing touches on the building. The goal was to open the city’s dispensary in late December. 

 

>>Timberwolves Top Knicks at Target Center for Third Straight Win 

(Minneapolis, MN) — The Minnesota Timberwolves topped the New York Knicks 115-104 at Target Center last night for their third win in a row. Anthony Edwards led Minnesota with 38 points, and Julius Randle finished with 25. The Wolves played without injured forward Jaden McDaniels. Former Timberwolf Karl Anthony Towns scored 40 points for New York in his return to Minneapolis. The Timberwolves play the Nuggets in Denver on Christmas night.

 

Share this: