A new case of measles has been confirmed in Hennepin County. The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) says the five-year-old child became ill earlier this month shortly after returning from international travel to a region where measles is common. The child was likely infectious from July 30 through August 7th. MDH has notified healthcare providers in the state to be alert for patients with signs or symptoms of measles. Last year, Minnesota experienced its largest measles outbreak since 1991, with 75 cases identified between April and August 2017. Of those cases, 21 were hospitalized and 91 percent were not vaccinated. MDH Infectious Disease Division Director Kris Ehresmann says stopping the 2017 outbreak did not eliminate risk for another outbreak and “that’s why it is so important to make sure you and your family are vaccinated.” If you see symptoms of measles, call your doctor or clinic right away and they will let you know if you need to come in for a visit. Health officials say that if additional cases were to develop as a result of this case, they would likely occur between now and August 28th.