The first of a dozen meetings across the state are this week in Thief River Falls (Tues), Bemidji (Wed) and Alexandria (Thurs) as the D-N-R gets public input for Minnesota’s first-ever deer management plan. The agency’s Adam Murkowski says the D-N-R has already heard from people with a “wide divergence” of experiences with deer. He says, “I think there’s a lot to work on, in terms of making sure that we leave future generations a healthy and vibrant deer herd. We’re gonna need folks’ participation and help now in going forward to accomplish that.”
Meetings will be from 6:30-9 p.m. and are scheduled in:
- Thief River Falls on Tuesday, Jan. 31, at Ralph Engelstad Arena, 525 Brooks Ave.
- Alexandria on Thursday, Feb. 2, at Broadway Ballroom, 115 30th Ave. E
- Andover on Thursday, Feb. 9, at Bunker Hills Activities Center, 550 Bunker Lake Boulevard NW
- Bemidji on Wednesday, Feb. 1, at Hampton Inn, 1019 Paul Bunyan Drive SE
- Brainerd on Tuesday, Feb. 21, at Central Lakes College cafeteria, 501 W. College Drive
- Cambridge on Thursday, Feb. 16, at Cambridge High School, 430 8th Ave NW
- Duluth on Wednesday, Feb. 22, in Room W2630 at Lake Superior College, 2101 Trinity Road
- Mankato on Thursday, March 2, at County Inn & Suites, 1900 Premier Drive
- Montevideo on Monday, Feb. 27, T.A.C.C. Minnesota Army National Guard, 711 S. 17th St
- Mountain Iron on Thursday, Feb. 23, in the Iroquois Room at Mountain Iron Community Center, 8586 Enterprise Drive S
- Rochester on Monday, Feb. 6, at Century High School, 2525 Viola Road NE
- Windom on Tuesday, Feb. 28, at Windom Community Center, 1750 Cottonwood Lake Drive
For more information, visit mndnr.gov/deer.