CHICAGO BULLS 133, MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 126 (OT)
February 24, 2021
• At the final buzzer, Ricky Rubio had nine points and 10 assists, accounting for his fifth game of he season dishing out 10+ assists. He also registered zero turnovers, accounting for his fourth game tallying 10+ assists and zero turnovers. He joins Pooh Richardson (6 games), Terrell Brandon (5 games) and Stephon Marbury (4 games) as the only Timberwovles players to have 4+ games with 10+ assists/0 turnovers in a game.
• Karl-Anthony Towns finished with 24 points, eight rebounds and five assists, marking his third consecutive 20+ point outing and ninth such scoring performance of the season. Of his 24 points, he put up 15 points in the 3rd quarter, marking his second 15+ point quarter of the season.
• With his third dime of the night, Towns has surpassed Jeff Teague for sole possession of 9th on the Timberwolves All-Time assists list with 1,044 (currently 1,046).
• Malik Beasley contributed 25 points on 9-of-20 shooting, including 5-of-13 from deep, marking his 10th 25+ point performance of the season. He has now knocked down 5+ treys on nine occasions this season and 22 over his career.
• With his fifth three of the night, Beasley has passed Kevin Garnett for 23rd on the Timberwolves All-Time three pointers list with 165.
• Jarred Vanderbilt tied a season-high in a game with 16 points and set a new career-high for steals in a game with four.
• Jaylen Nowell recorded 12 points and three rebounds, his 11th double-digit scoring effort of the season. He now has 13 career double-digit performances in 34 game with the Timberwolves. Tied for the second most double digit scoring efforts off the bench in a players first 34 games with Minnesota (Randy Foye; 14 and Donald Royal; 13).
• Off the bench, Naz Reid had 13 points, four rebounds and three blocks. He now has scored in double-figures in 20 games this season.
• Minnesota connected on 12 shots from beyond the arc, their 27th game of the season making at least 10 shots from deep.
• The Timberwolves put up 62 points in the paint, their second highest total for points in the paint this season (64 vs. Denver on Jan. 3). They now have scored 60+ paint points on three occasions this season (65 times in franchise history).
• The Bulls were led by Zach LaVine’s 35 points on 14-of-21 shooting. This marks LaVine’s 10th game of the season contributing 35+ points.
(info courtesy of Wolves)