The Minnesota Twins today detailed their extensive lineup of winter fan experiences, some of which are already underway across Twins Territory. From holiday celebrations to clinics; from light-hearted moments to philanthropic opportunities; from in-person festivities to virtual gatherings; and occurring throughout the region, there are multiple ways to engage with Twins baseball this winter.
“While we cannot wait to welcome Twins fans back to Target Field in 2022, we are thrilled to continue delivering our region with magic moments this winter,” said club President & CEO Dave St. Peter. “These fun, unique experiences promise to bring the joy of Twins baseball to fans of all ages in the coming weeks.”
Below is a breakdown of 2021-22 Twins Winter Fan Experiences, including the return of Twins Winter Caravan presented by Case IH, as currently scheduled. Please note that TwinsFest has been postponed due to COVID-related health and safety considerations, along with the current Major League Baseball work stoppage.
Twins Baseball at The Northern Express
December 10-12 and 17-19 in Excelsior, Minnesota and Moorhead, Minnesota (Twins Weekend is Dec. 10-12)
The Twins are proud to bring the magic of baseball to the inaugural edition of The Northern Express, an immersive holiday wonderland in Excelsior and Moorhead where the entire family can spend the day shopping, eating and adventuring. During a special “Twins Weekend” from December 10-12 (Excelsior all three days, Moorhead on December 11-12), fans are invited to take a crack at a snow(base)ball, visit with Twins mascot T.C. and get a Twins gift from Santa’s Elves (while supplies last). On every weekend of the event, take a break from the cold and snap a photo in the Twins Winter Clubhouse.
• During “Twins Weekend,” T.C. will be in Excelsior from 11 a.m. – noon on December 10, from 4-5 p.m. on December 11 and 11 a.m. – noon on December 12; T.C. will visit Moorhead from 9-10 a.m. on December 11.
16th annual Minnesota Twins Holiday Week of Giving
December 13-17 at various locations
Continuing a yearlong commitment to create positive change in the world, the Twins are teaming up with several partners to hold the 16th annual Holiday Week of Giving from December 13-17. This year’s initiatives include, but are not limited to:
• “Pack at the Park” (Monday, December 13): “Pack at the Park” at Target Field, benefitting Feed My Starving Children, will assist the nonprofit’s partners working hard to reach the neediest children around the world.
• “Bullseye & T.C.’s Winter Wonderland” (Tuesday, December 14): The fourth annual Bullseye & T.C.’s Winter Wonderland at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, presented by Target, will bring holiday to joy to patients and their families through gifts, virtual activities and special appearances.
• “A Home for the Holidays” (Wednesday, December 15): Held at Target Field, “A Home for the Holidays” in partnership with MAC-V and presented by WCCO-TV, will connect homeless veterans with service providers such as medical care resources, registering for assistance and shelter programs.
• “Lending a Helping Hand” (Thursday, December 16): Volunteers will gather at Target Field to craft handmade, fleece tie blankets; they will then be delivered to the Minneapolis Fire Department to provide warmth and comfort at emergency scenes. Additionally, in partnership with Kynd Kit, Twins front office staffers will create literacy and financial literacy boxes that will be distributed to kids throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
Twins Offseason Training Camps
December 11 at Hamline University (Twins RBI Winter Clinic)
December 27-28 at National Sports Center (MYAS Rising Stars Winter Series)
January 17 at National Sports Center (MYAS Rising Stars Winter Series)
February 14 – March 8 at Target Field (Twins RBI Winter Training)
The Twins Offseason Training Camps series provides boys and girls an opportunity to continue developing their skills and have fun! The camps are staffed with high-level instructors, including Twins personnel along with top college and high school coaches. Please click on the links below for registration, and health and safety information.
• Twins RBI Winter Clinic (Saturday, December 11 at Hamline University): Open to boys and girls ages 12-18, this training opportunity through Twins RBI is available for any baseball or softball player who participated in those sports through Minneapolis or St. Paul Parks & Recreation departments.
• MYAS Rising Stars Winter Series presented by the Minnesota Twins (December 27-28 and January 17 at National Sports Center): The second and third installments of the Minnesota Youth Athletic Services (MYAS) Rising Stars Winter Series presented by the Minnesota Twins, which began with an MEA weekend camp, are both open to boys and girls ages 6-15.
• Twins RBI Winter Training (Mondays and Tuesdays, February 14 through March 8 at Target Field): Registration is not yet open for this winter training series, held at Target Field for Twins RBI athletes (any baseball or softball player ages 12-18 who participated in those sports through Minneapolis or St. Paul Parks & Recreation departments).
Twins Season Ticket Holder Experiences
Various dates and locations
Minnesota Twins Season Ticket Holders have had the opportunity to participate in exclusive experiences already this offseason, including “T.C.’s Trunk or Treat” on October 29 and “T.C.’s Holiday Spectacular” this past Saturday (which entertained more than 1,000 fans of all ages at Target Field); Twins Trivia Night with Michael Cuddyer; and the “Cuts in the Cage” fantasy batting practice series with Tony Oliva, Joe Mauer and Kent Hrbek. The Season Ticket Holder lineup now turns to a virtual holiday “mixology” event on December 10 presented by Gray Duck Vodka, followed on January 2 by a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to skate on the Discover NHL Winter Classic® ice at Target Field.
Twins Winter Caravan presented by Case IH
January 30 – February 4; locations and dates of stops TBA
The Twins Winter Caravan presented by Case IH is set to return after a year’s hiatus, with stops spanning across the region from Sunday, January 30 through Friday, February 4. Once again bringing Twins baseball directly to where fans live, work and play, this multi-state tour will celebrate our game and some of the many nonprofit partners of the Minnesota Twins Community Fund. More information on the 2022 Twins Winter Caravan, including dates, locations, participants and activities for each of the stops, will be forthcoming.
(info courtesy of Twins)