The Minnesota Twins today announced details for Tuesday’s “Prince Night” at Target Field. Co-branded Prince/Twins items, a collection of Purple One artifacts and a celebration of Prince’s philanthropic legacy highlight the club’s fifth tribute to the late Minneapolis icon. Tomorrow night’s clash of division leaders begins at 6:40 p.m., as the American League Central-leading Twins host the AL East front-running New York Yankees. Target Field gates open at 5:30 p.m.; “Prince Night” details are below:
• The first 10,000 fans in attendance tomorrow night (Tuesday, June 7) will receive an exclusive, co-branded Prince/Twins T-shirt. General tickets throughout Target Field for tomorrow night’s Twins vs. Yankees game can be purchased at twinsbaseball.com, by calling 612-33-TWINS or 800-33-TWINS, or in-person at the Target Field Ticket Office.
• Fans who purchase a separate, Prince Theme Night ticket package will receive admission to the game, along with an exclusive, co-branded Prince/Twins “Purple Rain” jacket. A limited number of special “Prince Night” ticket packages are on sale at twinsbaseball.com/Prince.
• On their way to Target Field, fans are invited to visit the recently-completed, Official Prince Mural on the Ramp A wall. Located on the SW corner of 1st Avenue and 8th Street, right around the corner from both the famed First Avenue and the Twins’ home ballpark, the majestic, 100-foot-tall piece from international muralist Hiero Veiga pays homage to Prince’s iconic living legacy. Prior to the game, Sharon Smith-Akinsanya, CEO of Rae Mackenzie Group, and Joan Vorderbruggen, public art consultant, will be honored for their work on the “Crown Our Prince” mural project and efforts to add the commemorative street name of Prince Rogers Nelson Way to the block next to First Avenue.
• A specially-curated collection of Prince artifacts will be on display inside Gate 34, courtesy of Paisley Park. Fans are invited to visit the one-of-a-kind selection when gates open and throughout the game.
• The national anthem will be performed by recording and backing vocalist for Paisley Park Studios Kathleen and Rhonda Johnson, and Chill and Lamont of “MFellaz.”
• The Twins will make donations in support of two organizations: When Doves Cry Foundation and Love 4 One Another Charities (“L40A”).
o The When Doves Cry Foundation was founded by Norrine, Sharon and John Nelson to carry on the charitable work and legacy of their beloved brother, Prince. The foundation seeks to assist nonprofit organizations that provide shelter, food and clothing to needy and abused children and adults. It also provides support for music education and Christian education to children.
o Love 4 One Another Charities honors Prince’s philanthropic legacy by building upon his mission of helping people up and helping people out, as these were the two key components of his charitable giving. Love 4 One Another continues to drive better outcomes for humanity, by supporting a variety of philanthropic programs and initiatives that are aligned to the core values of the foundation, delivering resources that enrich and strengthen communities worldwide.
(info courtesy of Twins)