The Minnesota Vikings (3-4) head to M&T Bank Stadium for the Week 9 matchup against the Baltimore Ravens (5-2) on Nov. 7 at noon (CT).
Sunday’s contest marks the first game against the Ravens in Baltimore since Week 14 of the 2013 season and the seventh game played in series history. Minnesota fell 20-16 to Dallas in a home contest in Week 8. Baltimore is coming off of a bye after falling to Cincinnati in Week 7.
In Week 8 vs. Dallas, QB Kirk Cousins moved into second place for career Vikings games without throwing an interception with 29 from 2018-21, only trailing Fran Tarkenton with 38 (1961-66, 1972-78). TE Tyler Conklin recorded 57 receiving yards against Dallas and has now posted back-to-back games with at least 50 receiving yards for the first time in his career. S Xavier Woods caught his second pick of the season and the seventh in his career. Woods also recorded his first career sack, a strip-sack on Cooper Rush. With that strip-sack, Woods tallied his fifth forced fumble of his career. LB Eric Kendricks recorded his third sack of the season (12th in his career), moving him into a tie with Ben Leber in sacks by a Vikings linebacker.
The Vikings defense ranks second in the NFL in defensive sacks with 24, already surpassing their total of 23 in 2020. The Los Angeles Rams rank first with 25 sacks in 2021.
Week 9 | Sunday, November 7, 2021 | M&T Bank Stadium | Noon CT | FOX
Week (Date) Opponent Time (CT) TV
1) 9/12 (Sun.) at Cincinnati Noon L, 27-24 OT
2) 9/19 (Sun.) at Arizona 3:05 p.m. L, 34-33
3) 9/26 (Sun.) SEATTLE 3:25 p.m. W, 30-17
4) 10/3 (Sun.) CLEVELAND Noon L, 14-7
5) 10/10 (Sun.) DETROIT Noon W, 19-17
6) 10/17 (Sun.) at Carolina Noon W, 34-28 OT
7) 10/24 (Sun.) BYE WEEK
8) 10/31 (Sun.) DALLAS 7:20 p.m. L, 20-16
9) 11/7 (Sun.) at Baltimore Noon FOX
10) 11/14 (Sun.) at LA Chargers 3:05 p.m. FOX
11) 11/21 (Sun.) GREEN BAY Noon FOX
12) 11/28 (Sun.) at San Francisco 3:25 p.m. FOX
13) 12/5 (Sun.) at Detroit Noon CBS
14) 12/9 (Thur.) PITTSBURGH 7:20 p.m. FOX/NFLN
15) 12/20 (Mon.) at Chicago 7:15 p.m. ESPN
16) 12/26 (Sun.) LA Rams Noon FOX
17) 1/2 (Sun.) at Green Bay 7:20 p.m. NBC
18) 1/9 (Sun.) CHICAGO Noon FOX
STAT OF THE WEEK
Xavier Woods is just one of four players in the NFL to have at least two interceptions and two forced fumbles on the year.
– S Xavier Woods (MIN)
– LB De’Vondre Campbell (GB)
– LB Darius Leonard (IND)
– S Kyzir White (LAC)
(info courtesy of Vikings)