The National Hockey League’s (NHL) Minnesota Wild today announced the team will host Military Appreciation Night on Wednesday, Dec. 14 when it hosts the Detroit Red Wings at 6:30 p.m. Presented by Thomson Reuters where nearly every element of the game will honor the men and women who have bravely served in the Armed Forces and their families:
• The Minnesota Wild will highlight their pride and appreciation for the service and sacrifices made every day by service men and women along with their families during Military Appreciation Night.
• Wild players will wear camouflage jerseys during on-ice warmups. The custom warmup jerseys will be signed and auctioned off starting December 14 on the Minnesota Wild Foundation Handbid Auction platform. For more information visit http://www.wild.com/onlineauctions. The auction will end on Wednesday, Dec. 21 at 9 p.m. CT. The Wild Foundation will also host an in-game camo themed Mystery Puck Sale at Section 104 from the time gates open and while supplies last. A portion of the proceeds from the auction and puck sale will benefit the Wild Foundation and United Heroes League.
• First Sergeant Matthew Ayers, a decorated Marine veteran who has served in the military for 20 years, will be the Guardian of the Game.
• Curt Grayson, a member of 148th Fighter Wing out of Duluth, will make the Let’s Play Hockey! announcement.
• Staff Sergeant Marshall Talley, who currently serves as a Security Forces Member and is a member of the 148th Fighter Wing out of Duluth, will be honored during the game along with Vietnam War veterans.
• Minnesota Warriors Ice Hockey will be the beneficiary of the Split the Pot Raffle. The mission of the Minnesota Warriors Hockey Program is to organize and administer an ice hockey program that provides a recreational, therapeutic experience and education to its participants.
• During the first intermission, a group of eight veterans, including one WWII veteran and seven Vietnam War veterans, will be recognized during a special on-ice presentation.
• Youth hockey players and their families from United Heroes League will sell game programs and receive a $1,000 grant from the Wild Foundation.
For information on special Military Ticket pack benefitting Beyond the Yellow Ribbon, please visit wild.com/themepacks.
(info courtesy of Wild)