Timberwolves 110, Portland 109
• Karl-Anthony Towns hit a driving hook shot to put the Wolves up for good with 4:03 to play. Damian Lillard missed a 17-foot jumper at the buzzer to seal the win for the Wolves.
• The Wolves have won 10 straight games that were decided by one point, equaling the NBA’s longest such streak in the last 20 years.
• Ricky Rubio finished with 16 assists, his seventh game this season with 15+ assists. He added 11 points to give him his fourth straight double-double, the second-longest double-double streak of his career (5 games from Feb. 27-Mar. 7, 2015).
• Rubio hit a technical free throw in the third quarter, extending his streak of consecutive made technical free throws to 49, the longest active streak in the NBA.
• Karl-Anthony Towns finished with a game-high 34 points and 12 rebounds, his 57th double-double this season. Tonight was his 19th 30+ point outing of the season.
• Andrew Wiggins had 29 points, his 52nd 20+ point game of the season. He was 3-of-5 from three-point range tonight and has now hit 15 of his last 27 from three-point range dating back to the game in Los Angeles on Mar. 24.
• Brandon Rush finished with 12 points, his second consecutive double-digit outing. The last time Rush scored double-digits in back-to-back games this season was Jan. 11-13. Tonight was his sixth double-digit outing this season.
• Minnesota held Portland to two fast break points, holding a 13-to-2 advantage in that category. The Blazers are 22nd in the NBA in fast break points this season, averaging 11.6 ppg.
• After Portland outscored Minnesota 82-76 combined in the two previous meeting, the Wolves held a 56-36 advantage in points in the paint tonight.
Trail Blazers Notes
• Damian Lillard (1927) passed Sidney Wicks (1906 in 1972-73) and Clyde Drexler (1903 in 1991-92) on the single-season franchise scoring leaderboards tonight, moving into eighth-place in the club’s single-season leaderboards. He had 25 points, but only shot 7-of-21 from the field.
• Entering the night averaging 37.5 points on 71.1% shooting against Minnesota in his two meetings with them this season, CJ McCollum was held to 17 points on 5-of-14 shooting tonight.
• Mo Harkless had 17 points on 7-of-10 shooting tonight, his third straight double-digit scoring outing.
• Tonight is Al-Farouq Aminu’s fourth consecutive game with double-digits (20 points tonight), his longest such streak of the season. The longest streak of his career is five games from Oct. 30-Nov. 5, 2015.