LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 126, MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 115
November 3, 2021
• Patrick Beverley finished the night with a near triple double, scoring 10 points, grabbing 10 rebounds and dishing out eight assists. Of his eight assists, five of them came in the first quarter, marking his second most assists in a quarter throughout his career. Tonight’s performance marks his 20th career double-double and the fifth time in his career he has registered a stat line with 10+ points/10+ rebounds/8+ assists.
• Anthony Edwards registered 28 points on 11-of-21 shooting. Of his 28 points, 18 of them came in the first half, accounting for his fourth-most points total in the first half of a game. The 28-point effort marks his fifth 25+ point game of the season (23rd career).
• At the final buzzer, Karl-Anthony Towns recorded 18 points and 11 rebounds, his fourth double-double of the season (296th career). He added four steals, tying his career high (3x; MR: Oct. 25, 2019 at Charlotte).
• In 26:35 minutes off the bench, Malik Beasley contributed 14 points after connecting on four triples for the second time this season.
• For the third-straight game Naz Reid tallied double figures off the bench, scoring 11 points and dishing out two assists.
• Jarred Vanderbilt notched 13 points on 6-of-13 shooting and eight rebounds. This accounts for his third game of the season with 10+ points and 5+ rebounds.
• The Timberwolves connected on 14 triples, their sixth-straight game with 10+ treys. Coming into tonight, Minnesota ranked seventh in three-pointers made (13.8).
• The Wolves put up 56 points in the paint, their second-highest effort of the season in the category (58 on Oct. 20 vs Houston).
• To end the night, Minnesota forced 21 Los Angeles turnovers that turned into 30 Timberwolves points, the second time this season scoring 30+ points off an opponent’s turnovers. The Timberwolves join the Portland Trail Blazers as the only teams to score 30+ points off turnovers this season. Minnesota now ranks second in the NBA in points off turnovers (21.7 ppg).
• The Clippers finished the night 21-of-36 (58.3%) from three tonight, marking the13th time in NBA history that a team has shot better than 58% from three (min. 35 attempts).
(info courtesy of Wolves)