• Karl-Anthony Towns registered 32 points, 12 rebounds, six assists and one block, his eighth 30+ point/10+ rebound game of the season (64th career). It marks Towns’ 64th career such game, tying Kevin Garnett for the most 30/10 games in Timberwolves history.
• Connecting on two threes tonight, Towns extended his franchise-high streak of games with at least one three-point shot made to 67 games.
• Over his last 15 games Towns is averaging 28.3 points on 50.2% shooting, including 41.3% from deep, 11.5 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game.
• At the final buzzer, Anthony Edwards had 27 points, five rebounds, three assists and two steals. With his first steal of the game, he extends his streak with at least one steal to 20 games, the longest active run in the NBA and longest streak by a Timberwolves rookie. Of his 27 points, 17 of them came in the fourth quarter.
• Per Elias Sports, Edwards is the third active NBA player to have at least 20 straight games as a rookie with 1+ steal:
o 2005-06: Chris Paul- 31
o 2018-19: Mikal Bridges- 20
o 2020-21: Anthony Edwards- 20
• Edwards has recorded 25+ points on 11 occasions, making him one of five rookies in Timberwolves history to have 10+ 25+ point outings.
• D’Angelo Russell finished with 17 points and five assists, marking his 12th game of the season registering 15+ points and 5+ assists. Additionally, he connected on a perfect 5-of-5 from the free-throw line.
• Ricky Rubio tallied 17 points, dished out a team-high seven assists and three steals. This accounts for his 13th double-digit scoring effort of the season and his ninth 15+ point performance.
• Minnesota connected on 10 shots from beyond the arc, their 44th game of the season connecting on 10+ threes.
• Led by a 43-point fourth quarter, Minnesota registered a season-high 137 points tonight. The 43 points mark the 17th time in Timberwolves history that the team has scored 40+ points in the fourth quarter.
• Led by Towns’ 12 rebounds, Minnesota outrebounded Indiana 42-35.
• Minnesota scored a season high 68 paint point, the seventh time this season they have score 60+ points in the paint this season.
• T.J. McConnell registered his fifth doble-double of the season with 19 points and a game-high 15 assists.
(info courtesy of Timberwolves)