DALLAS MAVERICKS 128, MINNESOTA TIMBERWOVLES 108
March 24, 2021
• Scoring 18 of his 29 points in the fourth quarter, Anthony Edwards added five rebounds and three assists, accounting for his 16th 20+ point game. Edwards’ 16 20+ point performances leads all NBA rookies.
• Tonight marked Edwards’ 10th 20+ point/5+ rebound game of the season, becoming the sixth Timberwolves rookie to have 10+ such games in their first season, joining Karl-Anthony Towns (32), Christian Laettner (31), Andrew Wiggins (21), Isaiah Ridder (19) and Sam Mitchell (14).
• Karl-Anthony Towns registered his 17th 20+ point game of the season, finishing with 22 points on 8-of-20 shooting, including 4-of-9 from deep. He added five rebounds and six assists on the night.
• With his four triples on the night, Towns extended his franchise-high streak of games with at least one three-pointer made to 59 games.
• In a season-high 35:16 of action off the bench, Juancho Hernangómez scored 17 points on 5-of-9 shooting, including 5-of-7 from the line, his fifth double-figure scoring effort of the season and the most points he’s scored since finishing with a season-high 25 points at Denver on Jan. 5.
• Minnesota connected on 12 shots from beyond the arc tonight, shooting 12-of-38 as a team. Tonight marked the Timberwolves’ 36th game of the season where they have connected on 10+ threes.
• Kristaps Porzingis led the Mavericks in scoring tonight with 29 points and nine rebounds, his 12th 20+ point game of the season.
• Jalen Brunson finished with 16 points, a career-high-tying 11 rebounds and 5 assists tonight, marking his first double-double of the season (sixth career). Tonight also marked Brunson’s first career 15+ point/10+ rebound/5+ assists game.
(info courtesy of Timberwolves)