MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES 116, MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 108
January 13, 2022
• Anthony Edwards led the way for the Timberwolves tonight, scoring a game-high 30 points on 9-of-20 shooting, including 5-of-11 from deep, his fourth 30+ point game of the season (eighth career). Tonight marked the ninth time this season (17th career) that Edwards connected on 5+ three-pointers in a game, the second most by a Timberwolves player this season (Malik Beasley, 10).
• Edwards scored 25 of his 30 points in the first half, accounting for the most points he’s scored in a first half in his career (previous was 24 vs. Houston on Oct. 20, 2021). He’s the 13th player in the NBA this season to score 25+ points in a first half and the first since Trae Young scored 29 points in the first half against Portland on Jan. 3.
• Scoring 18 of his 29 points in the second half, D’Angelo Russell tallied his sixth 25+ point game of the season (86th career). He added a team-high-tying six assists on the night, good for his sixth 25+ point/5+ assist game of the season (66th career).
• Russell finished the night with a season-high-tying 6-of-11 from deep, the third time this season (32nd career) making 6+ threes in a game.
• Karl-Anthony Towns ended the game with 25 points on an efficient 11-of-17 from the field and nine rebounds, his 20th 25+ point game of the season (190th career).
• With Edwards (30), Russell (29) and Towns (25) all scoring 25+ points, tonight marked the third time this season (Oct. 27 and Nov. 8) that this trio of Timberwolves players scored 25+ points in the same game, breaking a tie with the Chicago Bulls trio of Zach LaVine, Nikola Vucevic and DeMar DeRozan (Nov. 29 and Dec. 2) for most games as a trio scoring 25 or more points in the same game.
• The Timberwolves forced 14 Grizzlies turnovers, the 38th straight game forcing10+ opponent turnovers, extending the NBA’s longest active streak.
(info courtesy of Timberwolves)