PHOENIX SUNS 118, MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 99
February 28, 2021
• Karl-Anthony Towns notched his second straight 20+ pont/10+ rebound game and of the season (187th career) after finishing with 21 points and 10 rebounds. Towns connected on two triples tonight, extending his franchise record to 50 straight games with at least one three-pointers.
• Anthony Edwards ended tonight with 24 points, five rebounds and a career-high-tying three steals. Of those 24 points, 15 of them came in the first half, marking his sixth 15+ point half of the season (second in the first half). Tonight is his 10th 20+point performance of the season, trailing only LaMelo Ball for most such games as a rookie.
• With his eighth point of the night, Jake Layman eclipsed the 1,000 career point mark. Layman finished with11 points on 5-of-8 shooting, four rebounds and four assists. Tonight marked his sixth double-digit performance of the season.
• Minnesota’s reserves outscored the Phoenix reserves 44-24 through three quarters, the 15th time eclipsing 40+ points. Coming into tonight, the Timberwolves ranked third in the bench scoring (40.1 ppg) in the NBA.
• Led by Edwards and Ricky Rubio with three steals apiece, the Timberwolves swiped 12 total steals, the team’s 15th game with 10+ steals this season. Only Memphis (18) has more such games.
• Minnesota registered 22 points off of Phoenix’s 16 turnovers, accounting for their 12th game this season scoring 20 + points off turnovers.
• The Timberwolves scored 24 fast break points, tying a season-high (24 vs. Cleveland on Jan. 31).
• Devin Booker finished the night with 41 points on 15-of-26 shooting, including 12-of-13 from the free throw line, five rebounds and five assists. This marks his first 40+ point game of the season (13th career).
(info courtesy of Wolves)