MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 124, DENVER NUGGETS 107
December 15, 2021
• In his 100th career game, Anthony Edwards erupted for 38 points (21 in the second half) on 14-of-21 shooting, including a career-high and franchise record 10-of-14 from deep to go along with his five rebounds. Edwards became the youngest player (20 y, 132d) in NBA history to connect on 10+ threes in a game.
• With his 38 points, Edwards eclipsed 2,000 career points, becoming the seventh player in NBA history to score 2,000 points in his first 100 games at age 20 or younger, joining Carmelo Anthony, Luka Doncic, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, LeBron James and Zion Williamson.
• Karl-Anthony Towns finished with 32 points on 12-of-18 shooting, four rebounds, four assists and three steals, his seventh 30+ point game of the season and extends his franchise record 85th career. With his three-pointer with 6:40 left in the third quarter, Towns eclipsed 10,000 career points, joining Kevin Garnett as the only players in Timberwolves history to score 10,000+ points. He becomes the first player from the 2015 draft class to notch 10,000 career points.
• D’Angelo Russell finished with 16 points, a team-high-tying eight rebounds and seven assists, his eighth career 15+ point/8+ rebound/7+ assist game.
• Tonight’s 124-107 win over the Nuggets at Ball Arena snapped a 12-game losing streak to the Nuggets and was the first win in Denver since Dec. 20, 2017.
• Minnesota led at the end of the first quarter 40-32, the third time this season (26th time in franchise history) scoring 40+ points in a first quarter. The Timberwolves connected on nine three-pointers in the first quarter, tying the franchise record for threes in a quarter.
• The Timberwolves led at the half 75-61 over the Nuggets while connecting on a franchise-high 16 three-pointers in the first half. Tonight marked the fifth time in Timberwolves history that the Wolves scored 75+ point in a first half.
• At the end of three quarters of play, the Timberwolves led Denver 108-88, the second time this season (34th time in team history) that the Wolves have scored 100+ points through three quarters.
• Minnesota finished the night 23-of-48 from deep, tying the second-most three-pointers in club history and the seventh time the team has connected on 20 or more treys in a game.
(info courtesy of Timberwolves)