LA CLIPPERS 124, MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 105
April 18, 2021
• Anthony Edwards paced the Timberwolves in scoring with a game-high-tying 23 points, six rebounds and three assists. Edwards connected on 5-of-11 from beyond the arc, his fifth game this season with 5+ three-pointers, becoming the 20th rookie in NBA history to have at least five games connecting on five or more triples. Stephen Curry (2010) and Allen Iverson (1997) hold the record for the most such games with nine.
• Karl-Anthony Towns finished the night with 16 points, six rebounds and five assists, marking his 17th 15+ point/5+ rebound/5+ assist game of the season.
• With his 13th point of the night, Towns eclipsed the 9,000-career point mark in his 394th game, becoming the quickest Timberwolves player to hit 9,000 points (Kevin Garnett, 482 games).
• With his one three-pointer on the night, Towns extended his streak of games with at least one three-pointer to 71 straight games, the longest streak by a Timberwolves player in franchise history.
• In 27:22 minutes of play, Jaden McDaniels registered 11 points, shooting 4-of-6 from the field, including 3-of-5 from deep. With one block on the night, he now has 50 total blocks on the season, becoming the 13th Timberwolves rookie to have 50+ blocks in a season.
• Naz Reid registered 13 points, on 5-of-10 shooting and a team-high seven rebounds, notching his 31st double-digit scoring effort of the season. Tonight marked the eighth time this season Reid has led the Timberwolves in rebounding.
• Jarred Vanderbilt recorded three blocks tonight, accounting for his fourth game of the season with at least three blocks in a game, he now has 38 total blocks on the season.
• The Timberwolves connected on 17 shots from deep, marking their fourth game with 17+ threes. They have now connected on double-digit threes on 50 occasions this season.
• Minnesota outscored Los Angeles 36-32 in the paint, the 54th time this season scoring 36+ paint points.
• Led by Reid’s 13 points, the Timberwolves’ reserves scored 41 points, the 27th time this season scoring 40+ points off the bench.
• Paul George led the Clippers in scoring with 23 points, seven rebounds and five assists. He connected on 4+ threes for the 21st time this season.
(info courtesy of Timberwolves)