NEW ORLEANS PELICANS 107, MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 98
October 25, 2021
• Karl-Anthony Towns led the way for the Timberwolves with a game-high 32 points, 11 of them coming in the second quarter. He added a season-high 14 rebounds, marking his second double-double of the season (294th career) and his second 30+ point/10+ rebound game of the season and extending his franchise record for 30/10 games to 67.
• Since coming into the league in 2015-16, Towns has the fourth-most 30/10 games in the NBA, trailing only Giannis Antetokounmpo (99), Anthony Davis (94) and Russell Westbrook (75).
• Towns connected on a season-high four three-pointers tonight, shooting 4-of-10 from deep. During the 2020-21 season, he connected on at least four treys in 16 games.
• Towns becomes the first player in NBA history to register 25+ points, 2+ three-pointers made and 2+ blocks in the first three games of a season.
• Anthony Edwards finished tonight’s game with 28 points on 10-of-23 shooting, including 4-of-11 from deep, a season-high nine rebounds and three assists.. Edwards scored 21 of his 28 points in the third quarter, a career-best for any quarter.
• In 20:27 of action off the bench, Patrick Beverley tallied 13 points, two rebounds, two assists, one block and one steal. During the 2020-21 season with the LA Clippers, he registered eight games where he notched at least one steal and at least one block in the same game.
• With his first steal of the night, Malik Beasley notched his 150th career steal. Beasley finished with five points, two rebounds and one steal.
• Minnesota connected on 15 triples, their third-straight game with 10+ treys. Last season, the Wolves registered double-digit triples in 62 of the 72 contests played last season and averaged 13.1 threes per game.
• The Timberwolves forced 20 Pelicans turnovers tonight and has now forced 74 opponent turnovers through the first three games this season. Per Elias Sports Bureau, those 74 forced turnovers are the most for any team through the first three games of a season since the 2000-01 Magic (75 forced turnovers).
• Jonas Valanciunas tallies 22 points and a game-high 23 rebounds, accounting for his sixth career 20+ point/20+ rebound game.
(info courtesy of Timberwolves)