SAN ANTONIO SPURS 115, MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 106
October 24, 2022
• With his basket at the 2:13 mark of the second quarter, Anthony Edwards became (21 years, 80 days) the eighth-youngest player in NBA history to reach the 3000-career-point plateau. Edwards finished with nine points and 10 rebounds on the night, his second 10+ rebound game of the season (ninth career). Tonight marked the second time in his career he’s hauled in 10+ rebounds in consecutive games (Nov. 13-15, 2021 at LA Clippers and vs. Phoenix Suns).
• Karl-Anthony Towns led the way for the Timberwolves tonight in the scoring column, ending the night with a game-high 27 points on 9-of-17 shooting, his second 20+ point performance of the season (328th career). Towns has added a season-high 11 rebounds against the Spurs, good for his first 20+ point/10+ rebound game of the season (237th career).
• Towns dished out five assists tonight, his first 20+ point/10+ rebound/5+ assist game of the season (59th career).
• D’Angelo Russell added 25 points on 8-of-16 shooting, including 3-of-6 from deep, his third 20+ point game of the season (171st career).
• In 25:46 minutes off the bench, Jaylen Nowell finished with 13 points on 6-of-16 shooting and a career-high nine rebounds. On the season, Nowell ranks 10th in the NBA in bench scoring, averaging 14.5 points per game.
• Led by Towns’ 11 rebounds, Minnesota grabbed 50 rebounds, the fourth straight game to open the season with 50+ boards. The Wolves lead the NBA in rebounding, averaging 54.8 rebounds per game.
• Per Elias Sports Bureau, this is the first season in franchise history that a Wolves team has opened the season with 50+ rebounds in four straight games.
(info courtesy of Timberwolves)