MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 107, SACRAMENTO KINGS 97
November 17, 2021
• After having 10 points through three quarters of play tonight, Anthony Edwards erupted for 16 points in the fourth quarter to give him a team-high 26 points on 11-of-24 shooting. It marked a season-high for points in a fourth quarter this season and was sixth time in his career scoring 15+ points in a final frame.
• Edwards connected on four three-pointers tonight, the fifth time this season (18th career) making 4+ triples in a game.
• Karl-Anthony Towns notched his 10th 20+ point scoring effort of the season (278th career) after finishing with 22 points on an efficient 9-of-12 shooting from the field.
• Patrick Beverley tallied a season-high 14 points on 5-of-12 shooting, six rebounds and a game-high-tying seven assists and a career-high-tying three blocks (7x) MR: vs. Chicago on Jan. 10, 2021). Beverley becomes the seventh player in Timberwolves history (Towns, Gorgui Dieng, Kevin Garnett, Tom Gugliotta, Christian Laettner and Tyrone Corbin) with such a stat line and the first since Towns did so against the Utah Jazz on Jan. 27, 2019.
• Scoring 13 points in the second half, D’Angelo Russell finished with 17 points, a game-high-tying seven assists and four rebounds. Tonight marked the seventh time this season that Russell has led the Wolves in assists.
• With his three-pointer at the 9:03 mark of the third quarter, Russell reached 900 career threes in his 371st career game. Per Elias Sports Bureau, among players to debut since the advent of the three-point line in the 1979-80 season, he becomes the sixth player to record 900+ threes in 400 games or less.
• Minnesota held Sacramento to 36.6% (34-of-93) from the field tonight, the fourth time this season holding opponents under 40% from the field in three games this season. The team’s opponent season-low for was 34.8% vs. New Orleans on Oct. 23. The Wolves move to 3-1 on the season when doing so.
• The Timberwolves registered a season-high-tying 56 points in the paint tonight outscoring the Kings in the paint 56-46. Tonight marked the fourth time this season the Wolves scored 50+ points in the paint.
• Minnesota connected on 10 triples tonight, marking their 14th straight game with 10+ treys. Following tonight’s performance, Minnesota ranks tied for fourth in three-pointers made (13.9).
• De’Aaron Fox finished with a game-high 28 points on 10-of-20 shooting while dishing out five assists, his sixth 20+ point effort of the season.
(info courtesy of Timberwolves)