MILWAUKEE BUCKS 139, MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 112
February 23, 2021
• Karl-Anthony Towns led the Timberwolves tonight, finishing with a team-high-tying 26 points on 10-of-19 from the field, a career-high 11 assists and eight rebounds, his 10th double-double of the season (270th career). This marks his second career game dishing out 10+ assists.
• Tonight marked Towns’ first career 25+ point/10+ assist career game and he’s the second center in NBA to score 25+ poins and dish out 10+ assists in a game this season (Nikola Vučević and Nikola Jokić).
• Of Towns’ 26 points, 20 of them came in the first half marking his eighth 20+ point outing of the season and his 56th career half with 20 or more points.
• At the buzzer, Malik Beasley contributed 26 points, hitting six threes for the eighth time in his career (sixth of the season). He has now connected on 6+ triples in a franchise-high seven games, surpassing Zach Lavine who totaled six games with 6+ threes.
• In the first quarter, Beasley put up 11 points, registering his 45th career 10+ point quarter (26th with Minnesota). He connected on three from deep in the first quarter as well, his 24th game this season with 3+ three pointers tying Isiah Rider (1994-95) for the fourth-most games with 3+ triples in a season in Timberwolves history.
• Ricky Rubio registered 12 points, connecting on 4-of-8 from the field, marking his sixth game of the season scoring in double-digits.
• Of the bench, Jaylen Nowell recorded 13 points and four rebounds, accounting for his 10th double digit scoring effort of the season. He connected on a season-high-tying 3-of-6 from deep.
• Nowell now has 12 career double digit performances in 33 game with the Timberwolves. Tied for the second most double digit scoring efforts off the bench in a players first 33 games with Minnesota.
• Minnesota connected on a season-high 19 shots from beyond the arc, their 12th game of the season making at least 15 shots from deep. The 19 threes account for the fourth most threes made in a game in franchise history.
• Led by Towns’ 11 assists, Minnesota dished out 35 total assists for the second time this season and the 51st time in franchise history.
• The Timberwolves put up a season-high 36 points in the first quarter of tonight’s contest and 30+ points for the eighth time this season.
• The Bucks were led by Giannis Antetokounmpo with a game-high 37 points. This marks the 13th game this season he has scored 30+ points. He added eight rebounds and eight assists in 29:09 minutes of play.