ATLANTA HAWKS 134, MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 122
January 19, 2022
• D’Angelo Russell led the way for the Timberwolves tonight, scoring a team-high 31 points on 10-of-18 shooting, including 5-of-13 from deep, his third 30+ point effort of the season (36th career) and fifth in a Timberwolves uniform. Russell dished out five assists, good for his third28 30+ point/5+ assist game of the season (28th career).
• Tonight marked Russell’s sixth game of the season with 10+ field goals in a game and his seventh game with 5+ three-pointers.
• Karl-Anthony Towns notched his 18th double-double of the season, finishing with 17 points and a team-high 10 rebounds. Towns added a season-high-tying seven rebounds, the fourth time this season dishing out seven dimes.
• Atlanta native Anthony Edwards tallied his 24th 20+ point game of the season (60th career) after scoring 20 points on 7-of-16 shooting, including 4-of-10 from deep. Tonight was Edwards’ 17th game of the season with 4+ triples, trailing only Malik Beasley (19) for the team lead.
• The Timberwolves forced 12 Hawks turnovers, the 41st straight game forcing10+ opponent turnovers, extending the NBA’s longest active streak.
• Led by Beasley’s 16 points, the Timberwolves bench outscored Atlanta 43-29. Tonight marked the 15th time this season and second straight game that Minnesota’s bench has scored 40+ points (8-7 when doing so).
(info courtesy of Timberwolves)