MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 109, PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS 107
January 25, 2022
• Anthony Edwards erupted for 40 points tonight (14 in the fourth quarter) on 14-of-27 shooting, including 5-of-13 from three and nine assists, his second 40+ point game of the season (fourth career). Edwards added a season-high-tying three blocks and three steals, becoming the first player in NBA history to reach 40 points, nine rebounds, five three-pointers, three blocks and three steals in a single game.
• With his fourth career 40+ point game, Edwards tied Luka Doncic and Kevin Durant for the second-most 40+ point games in NBA history before turning 21 years old. He additionally tied Kevin Garnett for the fourth-most 40+ point games in Timberwolves history.
• Karl-Anthony Towns collected his fourth 15+ point/15+ rebound game of season (83rd career), finishing with 17 points on 4-of-7 shooting, including a perfect 6-of-6 from the free throw line and a season-high 17 rebounds. Towns added a season-high four blocks, good for his first 15+ point/15+ rebound/4+ block game of the season (10th career).
• Scoring the go-ahead layup with 2.9 seconds left in the fourth quarter to give the Timberwolves the 109-107 victory over the Trail Blazers, D’Angelo Russell finished with 22 points on 7-of-16 shooting, including 3-of-9 from deep. Tonight marked Russell’s 18th 20+ point game of the season (159th career).
• Jarred Vanderbilt notched his sixth double-double of the season (ninth career) as he scored 13 points on 5-of-7 shooting and grabbed 13 rebounds (six offensive rebounds). Vanderbilt added a career-high-tying six assists, good for his first career 10+ point/10+ rebound/5+ assist game of the season.
• The Timberwolves forced 14 Trial Blazer turnovers, the 43rd straight game forcing 10+ opponent turnovers, extending the NBA’s longest active streak.
• Tonight’s 109-107 win at Moda Center marked the third time in team history (first since the 2004-05 season) that the Timberwolves have won twice in Portland in a single season.
(info courtesy of Timberwolves)