MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 129, CLEVELAND CAVALIERS 124
November 13, 2022
• D’Angelo Russell led the way for the Timberwolves tonight in Cleveland, finishing with a season-high 30 points on 11-of-13 shooting, including 4-of-5 from three, his first 30+ point game of the season (38th career). Russell dished out a game-and-season-high 12 assists, marking his first 30+ point/10+ assist game of the season (fourth career and second with the Timberwolves).
• Russell becomes the fifth player in team history to record multiple 30+ point/10+ assist games, joining Stephon Marbury (5), Pooh Richardson (4), Sam Cassell (3) and Kevin Garnett (2).
• With Russell tallying 22 points and 10 assists through three quarters of tonight’s game, it marked the fourth time he has collected 20+ points/10+ assists by the end of the 3rd quarter since joining the Timberwolves. Kevin Love has Minnesota’s only other such game since 2004.
• Karl-Anthony Towns notched his sixth 20+ point/10+ rebound game of the season (242nd career) after ending tonight’s game with 29 points on 11-of-16 shooting, including 3-of-6 from deep and a game-high-tying 13 rebounds. Since coming into the NBA in 2015-16, only Giannis Antetokounmpo (248) has more such games than Towns.
• For the second time in three games since returning from Health and Safety Protocols, Rudy Gobert tallied a double-double, finishing with 15 points on 5-of-10 shooting and a game-high-tying 13 rebounds. Tonight marked Gobert’s fifth double-double of the season and 356th career.
• Tonight marked the first time this season that both Gobert and Towns recorded double-doubles in the same game.
• With Gobert, Russell and Towns each notching double-doubles, it marked the first time this season that three Timberwolves all recorded double-doubles in the same game. The Wolves only did so once last season (Feb. 15, 2022 vs. Charlotte- Russell, Towns and Jarred Vanderbilt.
• With the tonight’s win at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, the Timberwolves have now won four of the last five games in Cleveland.
• Minnesota finished the night shooting 56.1% (46-of-82) from the field, the fifth time this season shooting above 50% from the field. The Wolves move to 4-1 when doing so.
• Led by D’Angelo Russell’s season-high 12 assists, the Timberwolves dished out 30 dimes tonight against the Cavaliers, the third time with 30+ assists in a game. Minnesota moves to 3-0 when doing so.
(info courtesy of Wolves)