MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVEs 134, San Antonio Spurs 122
October 26, 2022
- Anthony Edwards led the way for the Timberwolves tonight, finishing with a game-high and season-high 34 points on 12-of-21 from the field, including 7-of-12 from deep, marking his third 30+ point game of the season (16th career). In the first quarter, Edwards tallied 16 points on 5-of-8 from the field, including 5-of-7 from three, tying his career-high for three-pointers in a quarter (4x; MR: 2nd Q vs. L.A. Lakers on 3/16/22).
- With his sixth three-pointer tonight at the 14.2 second mark of the third quarter, Edwards eclipsed 400 career threes, becoming the youngest player in NBA history and just the third player under the age of 22 to reach 400 made three pointers.
- In 21:48 minutes off the bench, Jaylen Nowell tallied his fourth career 20+ point game with a season-best 23 points on 9-of-13 shooting, including 3-of-5 from deep. Nowell currently ranks fifth in the NBA in scoring off the bench, averaging 16.2 points per game.
- Karl-Anthony Towns notched his third 20+ point game of the season (329th career), ending the game with 21 points on 9-of-14 shooting, including 3-of-5 from deep. Towns added seven assists tonight to bring his season-average to 5.2 assists per game, which would be a career-best.
- Jaden McDaniels finished with 20 points on an efficient 8-of-9 from the field, including a career-high-tying 4-of-5 from three, his first 20+ point game of the season (third career). McDaniels added a game-high three blocks, the 13th time in his career having 3+ blocks in a game.
- With Edwards (34), Nowell (23), Towns (21) and McDaniels (20) all scoring 20+ points, it marked the first time since Mar. 20, 2018 at Houston that four Timberwolves players scored 20+ points in the same game (Towns– 30, Andrew Wiggins– 27, Jamal Crawford– 20 and Jeff Teague– 20).
- Minnesota finished the night shooting 65% (52-of-80) from the field, the fourth time in franchise history eclipsing 65% or better from field and move to 4-0 when doing so. The club record for field goal percentage in a game is 68.4% on Mar. 5, 2016 vs. Brooklyn.
- The Timberwolves connected on a season-high 20 three-pointers tonight, going 20-of-34 from long range, the 13th time in team history finishing with 20+ threes in a game and move to 11-2 when doing so. The team made 10 three-pointers in the first quarter, tying the most made threes by a team in a quarter over the last two seasons (since the start of 2021-22).
- Minnesota finished the night with zero offensive rebounds, becoming the third team in the NBA since 1983-84 to win a game with zero offensive rebounds and the fourth overall team to do so.